COACH WYATT'S INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS
SIMPLIFY TEACHING YOUR DOUBLE-WING QB'S ASSIGNMENTS - IMPROVE YOUR SUPER POWER - IMPROVE YOUR PASSING GAME - WITH THE HOCKEY STICK SETUP
It took a lot to convince me that there were compelling reasons to have my QB no longer lead through the hole on Super Power plays - yes, you read that correctly - and it took a lot for me to convince the handful of coaches who have worked very closely with me over the years. But now we are in agreement: after careful development and field-testing since 2008, the results are clear. There is another way to run the Super Power - and we think it's better.
In this DVD, I show you a way I've developed that will enable you to teach 90+ per cent of my offense with one basic set of footwork for your QB. Once your quarterback understands the basics of ball-handling and the basics of the Hockey Stick, your instructions to him are as simple as "Hockey Stick Right, Handoff Left"... "Hockey Stick Right, Handoff Right"... "Hockey Stick Left, Handoff Right"... "Hockey Stick Left, Handoff Left."
But simplifying your teaching is only one reason to consider employing the hockey stick. There are others:
* The QB won't clog up the Super Power hole any more. (If you're new to the Double-Wing, you'll especially appreciate that!)
* You'll give a conflicting read to an opposing defensive end: is it Super Power coming? Or is it a rollout pass? If he plays the Super Power he can't contain the rollout pass; if he worries about containing the rollout pass he's much easier to block on the Super Power
* Your QB's roll-out action on every play forces the secondary to read "pass" on every play
* Your roll-out passing game will be vastly improved
* Your QB is a threat to keep the ball and run at any time (so much for defenses thinking they can cross-key your wingbacks)
* It gives your spotter in the press box something to watch for every time you run Super Power
* It greatly reduces the chance of someone taking a cheap shot at your quarterback
THE DVD HAS FIVE SECTIONS:
* A BRIEF POWERPOINT OVERVIEW
* AN IN-DEPTH PRESENTATION FILMED AT A 2011 COACH WYATT CLINIC
* SLO-MO CLIPS OF BASIC PLAYS EMPLOYING THE HOCKEY STICK SETUP
* STEP-BY-STEP TEACHING OF THE BALL-HANDLING AND INITIAL FOOTWORK DRILLS I EMPLOY
* "MULTIPLE BALL DRILLS" WHICH ENABLE YOUR QB TO PRACTICE TWO PLAYS AT ONCE USING THE HOCKEY STICK SET-UP
I should point out one thing right now - the Hockey Stick won't work if you are still using motion with your Super Power. If you are, I strongly suggest you begin running your Super Power without motion. I haven't employed motion on Super Power for several years.
There is no good reason to continue using motion on Super Power, and there are plenty of reasons for not using it: (1) You can snap the ball on first sound if you wish, taking away the defense's ability to stem or shift; (2) You eliminate the hassle of having to teach the timing of the motion; (3) Since your runner has no chance to get deep or as far as he would with motion, there is far less likehood of his bouncing outside the hole; (4) For the same reason, our runner stays closer to his lead blockers; (5) The play hits so quickly that it greatly reduces the effectiveness of blitzing off the edge; (6) Defenses can't predicate their action based on who goes in motion. (Don't worry - we still use motion on our sweeps, powers, traps and "G's"; just not on Super Power.)
to purchase by check, money order or school PO
COACH HUGH WYATT - 1503 NE 6TH AVENUE - CAMAS, WA 98607
For more info: 360-834-3868 --- firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Coaching Materials by Coach Hugh Wyatt